Knowing what questions to ask when leasing an apartment is an important aspect of the apartment search process. Whether you’ve leased many apartments before or on the hunt for your first-ever apartment, there are certain things you may forget to consider or don’t know to ask about. Here are our top questions to ask before leasing. The first five questions should focus on your budget:
- Are utilities included in the rent?
- What are the move-in fees?
- What lease terms are available?
- What floor do I want to be on and will that impact the cost?
- Is renter’s insurance required?
Answers to these questions should provide you with a clear picture of what you can and cannot afford. Understanding all your options when it comes to floorplans and lease terms is also important as these factors can also be a major part of your budget.
- How does parking at the community work? Is there parking for guests?
- What is the community’s pet policy?
- Is there a community guest policy?
- Is there 24-hour emergency maintenance support?
- Are there grocery stores, banks, and restaurants nearby?
With the budget out of the way, it’s also important to know details about the apartment living community. If you have a beloved pet live with you, you need to know about the community’s pet policy. Having a general idea of the surrounding area can make it easier to get acclimated and do your grocery shopping, banking, and more.
Now that you know all the questions to ask when leasing an apartment, give them a try as you’re touring apartment communities! At Abberly Pointe, we believe it’s how you live that matters and would love to help you find your dream apartment in our community. Schedule a tour and our leasing specialists will guide you through the leasing process!