It has been hot in South Carolina and the weather looks to stay hot for the rest of the summer. If you live in an apartment in Beaufort, SC, you are used to the hot South Carolina summers. But Ashton Point Apartment Homes would like to remind you of the importance of staying cool and hydrated.
Of course, for residents it is always fun to relax and stay cool at our beautiful pool area.
Here's what you can do to keep cool during the very warm weather:
- Slow down. Avoid strenuous activity. If you must do strenuous activity, do it during the coolest part of the day, which is usually in the morning between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m.
- Stay indoors as much as possible. If air conditioning is not available, stay on the lowest floor, out of the sunshine. Remember, electric fans do not cool the air, but they do help sweat evaporate, which cools your body.
- Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing. Light colors will reflect away some of the sun's energy.
- Drink plenty of water regularly and often, even if you do not feel thirsty. Your body needs water to keep cool.
- Avoid drinks with alcohol or caffeine in them. They can make you feel good briefly, but make the heat's effects on your body worse. This is especially true about beer, which actually dehydrates the body. Water is the safest liquid to drink during high heat.
- Eat small meals and eat more often. Avoid foods that are high in protein, which increase metabolic heat.
Residents, be sure to make use of the beautiful pool at Ashton Point Apartments, and stay healthy and cool.