There are just a few days left to experience the fun of the 61st Beaufort Water Festival Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park. The 10-day festival is a community tradition celebrating the best of Beaufort culture with food, family fun, water sports and live entertainment every day. if you haven't been yet, get there this week! Here are some essential things to know about the festival:
- The air show will go on. There will be a moment of silence to honor Connell.
- After a three-year run at the Beaufort Waterfest, Dragonboat Beaufort will not be a part of the festival this year.
- The water ski show is not on the schedule this year.
Country music duo LOCASH, known for their single “I Love this Life,” will be headlining the 61st Beaufort Water Festival’s main concert event. Canaan Smith, an up-and-coming musician whose single “Love You Like that” topped country charts last summer, will be opening for LOCASH.
Gates open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25.Where to park and street closures
- The festival provides a free shuttle service on Fridays and Saturdays from the Beaufort County Government Center to the Waterfront Park.
- Parking lots behind Wells Fargo and BB&T banks downtown have parking for $10.
- The First Citizens Bank parking lot on the corner of Bay and Charles streets serves as a handicap parking spot after business hours during the week and all day on the weekends.
- Pay attention to parking signs to avoid getting towed. There is precedence for cars to be towed for illegal parking during the festival.
- Street closures: Bay Street will be closed from Harrington to Charles streets for the bed race from 5 to 6 p.m. July 22. Boundary, Carteret and Bay streets will be closed from 10 a.m. to noon July 23 for the parade.
What to bring/what to leave
For the concert, you can bring lawn chairs and blankets and set them up in advance. The park will be closed for an hour before gates open for the show, according to the Beaufort Water Festival’s website. You can’t bring drinks, food, coolers or strollers into the park. You can purchase food and drinks at the facility, but you can’t leave with alcoholic drinks.There is night and day for everyone, depending on what kind of music you like or if you have kids.