The spring and summer in Beaufort is a beautiful time of year. But often, as more people leave their windows open, the warmer weather brings with it pollens and other allergens. In fact, it has been found that indoor air can often be as polluted or even more polluted than outside air. Common household products can contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs) which are gases that pollute indoor air. Breathing these compounds can cause all kinds of respiratory problems.
House plants can improve the indoor air quality of your apartment in Beaufort, SC. There is data and research on the value of plants and their positive effect on air quality.
The most recent study on household plants and indoor air quality showed that:
- indoor plants not only absorb CO2 and release oxygen, but they also
- scrub the air of pollutants commonly found indoors from our carpeting, paints, and cleaning products.
Some of the best plants for cleaning and cleansing indoor air are:
- Bamboo palm, Chamaedorea seifritzii
- Chinese evergreen, Aglaonema modestum
- English ivy, Hedera helix
- Gerbera daisy, Gerbera jamesonii
- Janet Craig, Dracaena “Janet Craig”
- Marginata, Dracaena marginata
- Mass cane/Corn plant, Dracaena massangeana
- Mother-in-Law’s Tongue, Sansevieria laurentii
- Pot mum, Chrysantheium morifolium
- Peace lily, Spathiphyllum
- Warneckii, Dracaena “Warneckii”
Add some beautiful house plants and cleanse the air in your home while adding inexpensive and fun decorations at the same time.