Film buffs and fans of the theater that live in apartments in Beaufort, SC, can enjoy 9th annual International Film Festival. Filmmakers everywhere are showcasing their work at the University of South Carolina Beaufort's Center for the Performing Arts. This year's festival takes place from Feb. 11 to Feb. 15 and tickets are now available.
You are invited to enjoy original films featured in several categories, including features, documentaries, shorts, student films, animations and screenplays. Feature films include:
- "Cinema Purgatorio," directed by Chris White of Greenville, S.C.
- "Dig Two Graves," directed by Hunter Adams of Los Angeles, Calif.
- "The Lengths," directed by Tim Driscoll of Jacksonville, Fla.
- "Suck It Up Buttercup USA," directed by Malindi Fickle of Honolulu, Hawaii
- "The Frontier," directed by Matt Rabinowitz of West Hollywood, Calif.
This year's event also marks the inaugural presentation of the Spirit & Pride of South Carolina Award. This award recognize S.C. natives and residents who have shown outstanding achievements in the industries of film, television or music. Andie MacDowell, a native of Gaffney, S.C., will be the first recipient of the award.